The Lemkos (Łemkowie) have inhabited south-eastern Poland at least since the 15th century. The oldest locations include: Uście Wołoskie (1413), Gładyszów (1417), Klimkówka (1435) and Zdynia (1437). In 1480 they moved into Bielanka, Hańczowa and Kwiatoń.
A landscape of small villages and houses with tiny orchards, many of which exist until this day. Naturally growing fruit was initially dried in the sun and later, as the community grew richer, in special drying chambers. That was also the safest storing method. In the cold seasons the dried fruit was boiled, yielding juice and creating a beverage that would heal the soul and the body. A velvet flavor, a well-balanced composition and that exceptional smell – all achieved naturally. The mind and the body rest, while the senses awaken.